Discover how we emphasize compassionate communication and a collaborative approach between our medical providers and patients.
Johnston Family Medicine offers Patient Portal access to all patients free of charge at this time. We will setup your portal access during a regular appointment or you may stop by the office and see any front desk staff member, at which time you will be given a username and password.
Directions for Use
Directions for Use When sending messages, please select your provider and the most appropriate message type to allow us to serve you as quickly as possible. Make sure that you are logged in under the appropriate patient’s chart before sending a message and limit each message to a single topic. New medical issues will require an office visit.
- For prescription refills, please use the “Request Refill” function under the Prescriptions tab of the portal.
- Easily pay your bill online under the Billing tab.
Patient Portal Agreement
Patient Web Portal Agreement By signing this Agreement I agree to the following rules for utilizing the Patient Portal from Johnston Family Medicine or JFM Wellness Center (“the Practice” or “JFM”). The patient portal is used to view the patient’s chart information and to view and/or send messages to and from his/her health care providers.
• I the Patient understand that the Patient Portal is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency situations. In the event of an emergency I will call emergency medical services or 911, or go directly to the emergency room.
• I understand that it may take 3 business days to receive a response to an email request. IF I do NOT receive a response within 3 business days I will contact the Practice at (410) 751-6684.
• I the Patient understand that if I lose my password or username, I may request a new one in person at JFM by providing valid identification.
• I the Patient understand that I must notify JFM of any changes in email addresses or other circumstances that would affect my access to the Patient Portal or access others may have to my health information.
• I understand that providers and staff at JFM may use the Patient Portal to communicate lab and test results to me and I agree to accept this method of communication.
• I the Patient understand that I should remember to log out and close my browser when I am finished accessing password protected Patient Portal services. This prevents someone else from accessing my personal information if I leave, share, or use a public computer (i.e., like a library, kiosk, or internet cafe).
• I the Patient understand that the terms and conditions of this disclaimer and user agreement may change periodically. Such modifications will take effect immediately upon posting on the web site. I understand that I should review the agreement routinely for changes and modifications.
• I the Patient hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Practice and its agents, employees, successors and assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, judgments, losses and any other costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and collections costs arising from any act, error, or omission of the Practice and the provision of or failure to provide any of the Services within the scope of the Patient Portal duties as outlined in this Agreement, including but not limited to, advisory and consulting services.
• I the Patient understand that access to the Patient Portal will be monitored through a logon audit.
• I understand that this Agreement is designed to, and by express agreement between the parties, does in fact reach as far as Maryland law permits.
By signing the Agreement I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions in the Agreement. The invalidity of any provision(s) or portions of provision(s) of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision(s) or portions thereof. In the event that one or more provisions (or portions thereof) of this Agreement are declared legally invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and affect. Changes in the law affecting the terms of this Agreement shall be deemed incorporated upon their effective date. I understand that the availability and functionality of this WebView Patient Portal may change without prior notice. I understand and agree to not hold Johnston Family Medicine nor JFM Wellness Center, JFM, nor its employees or officers liable for any unanswered Patient Portal requests or messages.
*By entering the Patient Portal, have acknowldeged and read the Patient Portal Agreement.